In an age of teamwork and fluid careers, IQ alone doesn't cut it
Every office has one — the flawed genius who drives the rest of your staff mad.
If this leads to lower performance, higher turnover or decreased morale, you have a serious problem.
- Fire this person?
- Tolerate their behaviour?
- Train them in Emotional Intelligence (EQ)?
All the research suggests you should train them to improve their EQ.
- At L'Oreal, sales agents selected for emotional intelligence sold $91,370 more than other salespeople did. They also had 63% less turnover in their first year.
- In a national insurance company, sales agents who were strong in emotional intelligence sold policies worth twice as much as those sold by other agents.
- After supervisors in a manufacturing plant received training in emotional intelligence accidents fell by 50%, formal grievances fell by 80% and the plant exceeded its productivity goals.
The Foresight Institute helps you improve your business by providing that EQ training, either one-on-one or in workshops. Emotional intelligence can be learned.
And with EQ Mapping we can help you identify the emotional skills of your top performers, to build a recruitment profile that helps you to identify the right person for the job.
Please contact us for more information about emotional intelligence.
Server DateTime: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 06:20:16 UTC